Monday, August 26th, 2013
Hi there. I wanted to thank you all for the 7 years of awesome shows and events. With the change in the marketplace, saturation of design shows and my own change of priorities in my life, I’ve decided to retire Indie Mart. It started in my yard many years ago with DJs in the bushes, me slinging drinks I made in my kitchen and vendors around my yard. I started it as SF was lacking places for makers to vend and luckily, now there are dozens of shows happening out there and happy to see that. So the need has changed and its a great time to move on to other projects. I have always run it myself, without sponsors and with the help of Nick Sass, Right hand man, and David Knight, co-founder of Workshop, and found it insanely rewarding to give folks an platform to sell, try to keep it affordable and not require permits so everyone can vend. I have met some of my best friends and amazing people through Indie Mart- most of our Workshop teachers came from Indie Mart. Though I am retiring it, I still throw events, will have pop ups and plan all sorts of fun things, so please be sure to follow WorkshopSF online or my Instagram (Kelly Malone DIY) and support our awesome teachers (all of whom are Makers from Indie Mart). I have really enjoyed bringing new makers, artists, food pop ups & bands to Indie Mart and the masses. I’ll continue to have new projects & events to showcase SF’s makers, artists, bands & DIY community- just in different ways. Thank you for all your years of support to the people involved and that it supports and of course, Thee Parkside, which is just the best little dive bar in the world. I love them very much and all the support they have given me and the community with this event. Thanks yall! See ya soon.Much love & thanks,Kelly Malone, Founder & Nick Sass, Right Hand Man
Thursday, August 15th, 2013
Come on out on Sunday August 25th for our now annual big street fair with all the locally made wares, designs, DIY, art, food and music you can get. We’re kicking off our 7th year and proud to host over 100 local CA makers, vintage, artists and a slew of amazing local rock & indie bands. Music, food, beer& drinks specials in the Parkside until 9pm. DIY, Design & DJs outside 12-6pm.Music Lineup:
Dj’s: Sarah Delush Malila Tequila Mickey Darius (The Tourist) & Mother BarryFood: Parkside Kitchen, Docs of the Bay Burgers & Brass KnuckleA few featured folks we’re excited about:
- Salsa Delfina- Sexy metalhead ladies who make their own amazing Salsa
- Little Eagle Vintage- Amazing vintage, boots, Pendletons & jewelry
- Stolen Sunday- Locally made Never-ending scarves in great graphics
- Salty Fox, While Odin Sleeps, SeaPony Couture- SF’s most beloved jewelry vendors
- Sixth Course- Amazing handmade chocolates & truffles
- Amos Goldbaum- Iconic SF tee shirts
- McVickers Pickles- Pickled goodies & bacon jam
- To find out about vending at Indie Mart click here (we have a few booths left!)
The Indie MartSunday August 25th, 12-6pmWisconsin Street between 16th & 17th & Thee Parkside
indie-mart.com for more info
all ages, 21 to drink inside
Thee Parkside$3- wristband at the door gets ya all the shopping, music & fun, as well as a chance to win a set of Treasure Island Music Festival tickets!
RSVP and invite your friends on facebook
BANDS BOOKED BY BOURGEOISPRODUCTIONSPRESENTS.COM
Tuesday, March 27th, 2012
Indie Mart is back for year 6 with some new events and some classics. We’re proud to see how San Francisco has a flurry of new businesses, new designers, more handmade and people saying goodbye to their corporate jobs and hello to following their passions. With alot more Design fairs being out there than when we started, we decided to switch things up to not oversaturate the market with large scale shows. We’ll be doing less large scale events and making sure that we offer several different events of different sizes, different themes & different vendors, showcasing a variety of makers, vendors & folks out there who are doing indie business & DIY well. So each event will have it’s own personality, different audience and feel special, but of course still have our vibe and love for makers- established or brand spanking new. We’ve listed a description and estimated size. Take a peek at our lineup for 2013.
- Sunday June 16th, 12-6pm: Indie Mart Design, Beer & Food Fest @ Speakeasy Brewery 60 design, DIY, art and food vendors, inside and outside of the Brewery..and of course, we’ll have plenty of beer! We’re proud to be the first Design fair to hit Bayview & we’ll offer shuttles, bike parking & plenty of cabs home. This is a big event with about 60 vendors
- Sunday July 14th, 2-10pm: Indie Mart X Building Resources Woodworking & Furniture Show.This event will host 30-40 vendors & furniture designers who must work with wood, metal, recycled materials or a similar vein. We’ve partnered with our favorite place in the city, Building Resources, to host a unique show made of all handmade wares that use recycled materials from BR, wood and metals. We’ll showcase vendors with furniture, home goods & more, outside and throughout the space. In addition, were hosting an artshow inside with local woodworking artists. We’ll have food trucks and refreshments. The outdoor show & vendors will run from 2-8pm, then at 8pm we’ll close up and host a ticketed fundraiser event with bands, beers, eats & the artshow continuing inside. This event will host 40 ish vendors outside from 2-8pm & a variety of artists inside.
- Sunday August 25th, 12-6pm: Indie Mart Design, DIY & Music Fest @ Thee Parkside For our annual street fair, we take over an entire street and fill it with about 100 vendors, interactive activities, artists, DIYers and more. Inside Thee Parkside, we have bands all day long and outside we have DJ’s and accoustic acts playing throughout the day. WorkshopSF brings you a DIY area where you can make different items over the day low cost or free. This is the biggest event we have all year with about 100 vendors!
- Sunday October 6th, 12-6pm: Oktoberfest Indie Mart Design, Beer & Food Fest @ Speakeasy Brewery 60 design, DIY, art and food vendors, inside and outside of the Brewery. Add in beers, beer mustards, beer foods, beer cheeses and just about anything locally made with beer to celebrate Oktoberfest. As always we feature mostly up & coming, new & just starting our makers. We’re proud to be the first Design fair to hit Bayview & we’ll offer shuttles, bike parking & plenty of cabs home. This is a big event with about 60 vendors
- Friday November 15th & Saturday November 16th, 12-8pm: Indie Mart Vintage Party @ WorkshopSF. For this weekend, we take over Workshop SF, inside and outside, bringing you 12 of our most favorite & best selling vintage or repurposed vintage vendors. Each day will have a different mobile food pop up or truck & be a chance to find some awesome vintage scores and cool housewares. This is a curated, small event with 12 vendors.
Vendors, if you would like to apply, here are the steps and info.
- 1. read the info on vending & what we look for
- 2. details about the shows & pricing here
- 3. then apply here (be sure to list shows youre applying for)
- 4. If approved, we will email you with a payment link. once you pay, you may select your space area if applicable. We approve applications that best fit our crowd or the event and if we like your wares. If you don’t get accepted right away, don’t fret, we often add more vendors closer to the event. If we don’ t think you’re a good fit, we will let you know so we don’t tease ya, we get about 250 applications for each show, so not everyone can be a fit. As well we may not except you for every show and just accept you for one or two, so we can mix it up & give others a fair shake.
Looking forward to another rad year.-xoxo kelly
photos by Sarah Deragon, Speakeasy, Junpei Stonehocker & Magnolia Photobooth